There are some reviews of 2012 floating around out there, but lets look to the future!
The following are some predictions for the tech world of 2013. Some are dead certs, some are quite far-fetched. But then again, that’s what we said about Google buying a phone manufacturer!
- Android will continue to dominate in devices shipped, but will suffer with lack of revenue
- Apple will have their 80 billionth app download
- Samsung will ride high all the way to Q4. Blood will be in the water and the sharks will come
- The sharks are ZTE and Huawei. As Samsung watched and copied Apple, ZTE and Huawei are watching and copying Samsung
- Microsoft will buy Nokia. They are doing a stellar job of lowering Nokia’s share price to make the acquisition easier
- This year, we get a new iPhone. It will be an iPhone 5S – Summer / Autumn
- This year the iPad will get a refresh to match the industrial design of iPad Mini. – Autumn / Holidays
- Google will bring out the next big version of Android, 4.3 or more likely 5 called Key Lime Pie – Summer
- Wearable computing will move main stream. I’m waiting to get my Pebble watch. There will be more examples of similar products. Apple’s entry will be a game changer
- 4G Mobile data in the UK will have a slow start, as the cost for entry in to the super speed party will be high
- You will actually be able to buy an OLED TV
- The next Xbox and Playstation will be announced. The Playstation will support 4K (Ultra HD) resolution. The Xbox may not
- Pundits will keep talking about the non-existent Apple Television
Well, those are the predictions! Lets see what happens in 2013. Got any more suggestions, please fire them in the comments.
This post was written by Mark Thomson
Tuesday, January 8th, 2013