Well hello beautiful! And you are, beautiful.
Well internet, here is the new uber phone. The boss for the next 12 months. The iPhone 5.
Here is the new iPhone that is, for all intents and purposes, the same as the leaks like this and this. The new iPhone is made from one piece of anodized aluminium (like MacBooks and iPads) but has been treated and machined like no other device before it. Most people with hands on time at the moment are saying it’s comparable to jewellery.
This new body means that the new device is thin. Like, really thin. 7.6mm, effectively the same as if you take one of the glass panels off the iPhone 4S. It’s super thin, super light and bigger. The new iPhone finally packs a larger screen. The new 4 inch panel has 44% better colour reproduction.
Other big changes:
- The iPhone 5 also works with new LTE (4G) networks, just like the one launched in the UK by EE.
- The camera is as good as the iPhone 4S but with enhanced optics and a sapphire lens (harder to damage, better clarity).
- Everything you have that uses the dock connector, is now out of date and you’ll need an adapter to use them. £25 a shot!
- Brand new headphones called EarPods.
- The Facetime camera on the front is now HD.
- New A6 Processor gives performance twice as quick as the A5X chip in the iPhone 4S and the iPad 3rd gen.
- Battery life has been improved.
So, the important info:
- It is going to take the price points of the iPhone 4S
- It will be available in 16, 32 and 64GB versions
- Pre orders are on the 14th of Sept.
- They will be in stores, 8am, Friday the 21st of Sept.
- You will need a new Nano Sim
I recommend that you have a look at the video of the making of the new iPhone to get a feel for the work that has gone in to this impressive device.
If you’ve got some more questions, fire them in to the comments and I’ll do what I can to answer them.